Technological advancements have facilitated the emergence and growth of many industries. The auto transport sector is not an exception. This is an industry that involves a substantial amount of risk for both the auto shipping companies and their clients. By leveraging on technology, such companies can offer better services for their clients. The following are some common applications of modern technology in the auto shipping industry.
Global Positioning System (GPS)
The Global Positioning System is a method of identifying the precise location of an object on the ground via satellite technology. This innovation that was first used by the US military is now an instrumental feature in the transport industry.
Advantages of GPS
- Ease of navigation –With the ability to pinpoint destinations, drivers are able to navigate with ease. This enables them to traverse routes they are unfamiliar with.
- Lowers the risk of theft – The auto shipping industry involves the transport of high-value assets such as vehicles, truck and even boats. In the event a truck ferrying such a consignment is stolen, the auto transport company would be liable and thus incur significant costs. GPS trackers enable remote monitoring of shipments and also allow transmission of alerts in the event such an incident occurs. With safer transit of vehicles, people will be more open to the idea of seeking auto transport services.
- Boosts driver performance and safety – Drivers are an integral part of any transport and logistics company. It is important that they are safe and conduct themselves in a proper manner while on the road. Tracking systems are able to monitor their speed and their behavior en route. This reduces the risk of drivers taking unsanctioned stops or making alterations to their designated route.
If ever there was a tool that has revolutionized marketing, it would be social media. These platforms allow auto transport companies to interact with their clients easily and in a more personable manner.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing
- Enhanced brand awareness - There will be an estimated 2.77 billion social media users in 2019. These statistics make social media marketing one the best ways to advertise and access a bigger audience for businesses. With a good marketing strategy and use of relatable content, auto shipping companies can increase the awareness of their brand and strengthen their grip on the market.
- It is affordable – Compared to other modes of advertising such as billboards, or TV and radio ads, social media is very cheap. To begin with, setting up pages on such platforms is free. The only time costs may be incurred for social media marketing is when companies pay for ads on the platform.
There are applications that are designed to ease logistical challenges. These are instrumental in improving efficiency for auto shipping companies. By using software, it is easier to plan routes and schedules for the drivers. They can also be integrated with the GPS systems to allow for real-time communication between the front office and the driver.
By embracing technology, auto shipping companies have a lot to gain. They are able to enhance security, improve the performance and efficiency of drivers and systems as well as access clients and build brand awareness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to Your Car Moving Questions
The hardest thing for people researching car moving companies to understand is that the prices they are getting are not hard and fast gaurantees, but rather ESTIMATES of what one company thinks it will take to get a vehicle moved promptly versus another company's opinion of what it will take. Don't be fooled, there are not carriers committed to take your vehicle at these quoted prices, the company you choose will still have to get to work getting a carrier to commit to move it at the price they quote you.
Your total price breaks down into two parts, the broker's fee (or 'deposit' as everyone calls it) and the carriers fee (your COD amount) Make no mistake about this, EVERYONE YOU ARE GETTING SALES CALLS FROM IS GOING TO BROKER YOUR MOVE. In this industry, there are brokers who try to fool you into thinking that they are the actual carriers and there are an equal amount of carriers who sell themselves on the fact that they have a truck or two but are not being honest about the fact that they broker out 90% of the orders they book. Here is a quick easy way to tell, if a company takes an up front fee, whether they call it a deposit or any other name, they are a broker. Carriers do not take any payment until the vehicle is delivered.
In our opinion, you are crazy to do so. Have you ever been paid up front for the work that you perform for your employer? Why would you pay a fee up front when there are reliable and trustworthy companies like ours that won't ask for it until we provide you with your carriers details?
The average transit time from pick up to delivery on any vehicle going coast to coast will be between one and two weeks. From there you can figure your transit time based on how far your vehicle is traveling, i.e. from either coast to the Midwest might average 3-7 days.
We’re Loved by Customers