Going off to college is an exciting time, but it can also be challenging for students who are moving from far away. These students have the burden of transporting their belongings hundreds of miles while also juggling the challenges of class schedules and new surroundings. With so much on their mind, the last thing they need to worry about is getting their vehicle safely to their destination. Auto transport services can help ease the transition by safely and efficiently delivering their vehicle to college.
Why Auto Transport is Ideal for College Students
For starters, going off to college can be a stressful time for many students. Having to drive their car a long distance to school can only exacerbate that stress. Furthermore, driving poses significant safety risks, especially for young drivers who aren’t experienced with making such long distance trips. Auto transportation can alleviate the hassle of driving while also easing the minds of worried parents.
Auto shipping is also fast and efficient. Rather than driving for long distances, students can book a flight and have their vehicle shipped to school. Depending on location and distance, the cost can even be nearly the same. The cost of auto shipping can be comparable to food, lodging, and gas expenses. Not to mention that your vehicle will travel with an insured and bonded auto transport company.
How to Choose an Auto Transport Company?
You can start by researching auto transport companies online. You want to look for a company that is reputable and reliable. Be sure to check plenty of reviews and also check to ensure the company has proper licensing, registration, and insurance. College students are typically on a budget, so it makes sense that you also want to find a company that is affordable. Once you have found a couple of reputable companies, compare pricing and services to decide which one is right for you. Some auto transport companies will even offer discount pricing for college students.
How College Students Can Prepare Their Car for Transport?
- Typically you want to book your shipment well in advance. Shipping a car involves many steps so it’s best to book at least 3-4 weeks in advance.
- You may like the convenience of door-to-door shipping, but your college may not approve of a large truck parking outside the campus housing. For this reason, you may need to arrange to pick up your car at a nearby location.
- In some cases, the auto transport company may permit you to transport up to 100 pounds of luggage in your truck. Be sure to check with your carrier, but if approved, this can be a great way to move some additional belongings.
- Be sure to wash your car prior to shipment and do a thorough inspection to make note of any scratches or dings. This will be helpful if you need to file an insurance claim later on.
- Remember that there is no such thing as a guaranteed delivery date for car shipment. Things like weather, road conditions, traffic delays and other unforeseen circumstances can impact travel time so you will need to be flexible and make preparations accordingly.